Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Killiney History | January 18, 2022

Scroll to top

Top

Latest News

Latest News
Last Modified: 01 Jan 2022 | author
Publication dateCategoryDescriptionLink
1st January 2022Featured articleKilliney in 1911Click here
24th December 2021The housesClonard, Killiney AvenueClick here
23rd December 2021Public buildingsTimeline added to history of The Victoria Arms Hotel, Killiney Village.Click here
20th December 2021The houses‘The Whins’, Glenalua Road. This house, built in 1912, has gone through many name changes and is now called ‘The Rocks’.Click here
4th December 2021New content. Killiney in the snow 2010.Click here
1st December 2021Featured articleNew content. The rise and fall of Francis Edward DuBedat.Click here
1st November 2021Featured articleNew content. Gone but not forgotten. (Part 1)Click here
10th October 2021Featured articleNew content. Glenalua Terrace.Click here
4th August 2021The RailwayUpdate. We have updated the Railway article with evidence of yet another railway station which served the district. It is now long gone with no trace remaining at it’s location at the end of Military Road just opposite the Holy Child School.Click here
1st August 2021Featured articleNew content. Between the Mountains and the Sea by Peter Pearson. A comprehensive overview of the history, places and houses of Killiney with links to supporting articles.Click here
20th July 2021The housesNew Houses added. Illerton, Undercliff, Fernside, Cliff House (Green Hill) and Padua (Desmond).Click here
9th July 2021The housesNew content. The Killiney Houses of Deane & Woodward Architects.Click here
1st July 2021Featured articleNew content. A Killiney Schoolboy Remembers.Click here
1st June 2021Featured articleNew content. The Workingmen of Killiney. Petition for the release of Frank DuB├ędat, 1896.Click here
8th May 2021The housesVictoria Castle. Post updated to include Landed Estates Court auction of 1872 and fire of 1926.Click here
1st May 2021Featured articleNew content. Torching of Ballybrack RIC barracks in 1920.Click here
7th April 2021The housesGlenalua House. Post updated with additional newspaper articles and a piece on the house being used as the local military headquarters of the Free State army, coming under attack in 1922.Click here
6th April 2021Search Map updated to include Warren Estate 1872 and Gaynor Estate 1874 map overlays. These Landed Estate Court maps which were prepared for the auction of the bankrupted estates covered most of the Killiney area with the exception of Ballinclea and Rocheshill.Click here
5th April 2021The railwayThe Railway. Post updated with new maps, photographs, newspaper articles and additional history including the location of Obelisk Hill Station.Click here
4th April 2021The housesGlenalua Lodge. Post updated with new photographs and additional history.Click here
2nd April 2021Featured articleNew content. Opening Vico Road. Officially opened to the public in 1889.Click here
1st March 2021Featured articleKilliney Castle Hotel.Click here
1st January 2021Featured articleQueenstown. Plans for the development of Killiney Hill Park and the Vico Road in 1840.Click here