For a relatively short lived period, just prior to World War Two and surviving until 1943, Kernan’s Corner was a small kiosk at the Killiney bus terminus providing refreshments, ‘pure cream ices’ and other confectionery treats to the visitors who came to sample the delights of Killiney and environs. For those familiar with Killiney village the Kiosk was located nearly exactly in the centre of the current roundabout. A closer examination of the bus shows that the destination from Killiney was Blackrock via Dun Laoghaire. The advertising sign which is either attached to the roof of the bus or is on the gable of the building behind highlights ‘Central Tea..’ and is an advert for the Central Tea Room which was a tea room run by the Mullen family on Killiney Strand. The Kiosk was run by T.J. Kernan from c.1936 to c. 1938. It was listed as vacant in 1940 and was occupied by G. Hayes in 1943.