Places of Interest
A newspaper auction notice, dated 15th August 1873, brought our attention to the existence of a Forge run by a Mr. Farrell in Killiney. No address was provided but further investigation confirmed the location at a property called Mountain View on Killiney Road
We reproduce below an extract from the Killiney chapter of Peter Pearson’s book of 1998 (revised 2007) which provides an excellent overview of the history and a detailed description of the natural and built physical fabric of the district. In …
The destruction of the Ballybrack Barrack was carried out in a cool and daring manner. Over a year ago the police were withdrawn from the barrack and transferred to Cabinteely but Mrs Hurst, the wife of Sergeant Hurst, and four of her family resided in the house.