Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Killiney History | May 30, 2024

Scroll to top

Top

Saint George’s Avenue

Kilda Lodge

26 January 2022 |

Mia Cranwill was an Irish designer and metal artist, and was one of the leading artists of the Irish Celtic Revival. She lived in the lodge which she called Drum-Goibhneann in the 1920’s to 1930’s.Read More

Stoneleigh

8 January 2021 |

There is an enclosed yard, with coal houses, fuel rooms, and closets. The out-offices, erected on the most modern principle, contain an aviary, stabling for eight horsesRead More

Saint George’s

29 December 2020 |

St. George’s was designed and built by George Ashlin, the noted architect. His wife was the granddaughter of Augustus Welby Pugin, a devoted admirer of the Gothic.Read More

Hendre

14 December 2020 |

Detail from 1888 Ordnance Survey Map. Sheet XXIII.97 “County Dublin,” held by Ordnance Survey Ireland. © Public domain. Digital content: © Ordnance Survey Ireland, published by UCD Library, University College … Read More

Kenah Hill (formerly Stoneleigh and briefly known as Frankfort)

12 December 2020 |

The history of Kenah Hill is inextricably linked to the stockbroker, Francis Edward Dubedat. A book by Maria Wootton “The Dubedat Story, Killiney to Kommetjie” provides a detailed record of the life and times of Frank Read More