Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Killiney History | August 16, 2022

Scroll to top

Top

Monthly Archives: December 2020

Kenah Hill (formerly Stoneleigh and briefly known as Frankfort)

12 December 2020 |

The history of Kenah Hill is inextricably linked to the stockbroker, Francis Edward Dubedat. A book by Maria Wootton “The Dubedat Story, Killiney to Kommetjie” provides a detailed record of the life and times of Frank Read More

St. Mary’s

11 December 2020 |

St. Marys as shown on 1888 Ordnance Survey Map Records from Thom’s directoy

1887-1889 Griffin, Thomas, Esq1892 Griffin, Thomas, Esq1912 Powell, Robert1928 Carey, Mrs. Morgan1930 Vacant1940 Nolan, Thomas J.1943 Nolan, Thomas J.

Read More

Victoria Castle

4 December 2020 |

Illustration from The Irish Penny Journal 5th June 1841 Article from The Irish Penny Journal of 5th June 1841. View of entrance c.1988

Plans to develop a new town, to be called Queenstown, on the estate of Robert Warren … Read More

The Railway

1 December 2020 |

When the line opened on 10th July 1854 there were two stations serving the area; Ballybrack station off the end of the military road; and Obelisk Hill perched half way up a cliff in Mr. Warren’s Deerpark.Read More