Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Killiney History | May 30, 2024

Scroll to top

Top

Killiney Hill Cottages

Killiney Hill Cottages
NameKilliney Hill Cottages
AddressKilliney Hill Road
Year Builtc.1885
ArchitectSir Thomas Deane
Exists todayYes
On 1888 mapYes
Last Modified: 12 Feb 2024 | author
Ordnance Survey map of 1888. Sheet XXIII.97″County Dublin,” held by Ordnance Survey Ireland. © Public domain. Digital content: © Ordnance Survey Ireland, published by UCD Library, University College Dublin

Attributed to the eminent Victorian architect, Sir Thomas Deane, this set piece terrace of redbrick cottages was built for the labourers and families who worked on the adjoining Warren estate. The houses are unusual in that they are typically three storey and entered on the middle level with just one room on each level in their original configuration.


Gallery