Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Killiney History | October 4, 2022

Scroll to top

Top

Posts By author

Latest News

1 October 2022 |

Here you will find all the latest articles as they appearRead More

Abbey Lea previously Marino

1 October 2022 |

Abbey Lea has been the residence of the Australian Ambassador to Ireland since 1965 – more than half its life.  Formerly known as Marino, the house was rebuilt and remodelled following a fire in 1909.Read More

Civil War attacks in Killiney 1922 by Hugh Comerford

31 August 2022 |

As the attacks on the postal, telephone, rail and roads systems increased, the Free State government decided to establish a post or barracks in the Killiney area using the house known as Glenalua House (now Mount Prospect) in the village of Killiney.Read More

My Ballybrack by Pól Ó Duibhir

31 July 2022 |

The Ballybrack shop was then known as CNC, the origins of which name nobody seemed to know. There was speculation that it might have meant Cigarettes, Newspapers, and Confectionery.Read More

Killiney Strand

30 June 2022 |

This article pulls together many disparate pieces of information from a variety of sources which are all related to the history of Killiney Strand.Read More

Urney

20 June 2022 |

The published 1843 OS map shows a horseshoe symbol outside this building which would confirm this as the original location of the forge which later relocated to the adjoining Mountain View. Read More

Mr. Farrell’s Yard and Forge, Killiney

9 June 2022 |

A newspaper auction notice, dated 15th August 1873, brought our attention to the existence of a Forge run by a Mr. Farrell in Killiney. No address was provided but further investigation confirmed the location at a property called Mountain View on Killiney RoadRead More

Martello Tower Number Seven

1 June 2022 |

This post is dedicated to the memory of Niall O’Donoghue who painstakingly restored the tower to it’s former glory. Niall sadly passed away on the 8th of May 2022.Read More