Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Killiney History | August 16, 2022

Scroll to top

Top

Saint George’s Avenue

Kilda Lodge

26 January 2022 |

Mia Cranwill was an Irish designer and metal artist, and was one of the leading artists of the Irish Celtic Revival. She lived in the lodge which she called Drum-Goibhneann in the 1920’s to 1930’s.Read More

Stoneleigh

8 January 2021 |

There is an enclosed yard, with coal houses, fuel rooms, and closets. The out-offices, erected on the most modern principle, contain an aviary, stabling for eight horsesRead More

Saint George’s

29 December 2020 |

St. George’s was designed and built by George Ashlin, the noted architect. His wife was the granddaughter of Augustus Welby Pugin, a devoted admirer of the Gothic.Read More

Hendre

14 December 2020 |

Detail from 1888 Ordnance Survey Map Aerial view of Hendre c.1950 Plans to extend the existing single storey house with the addition of accommodation at first floor level, 1906.

Plans were drawn up in 1906 by the architect Richard Francis … Read More

Kenah Hill (formerly Stoneleigh and briefly known as Frankfort)

12 December 2020 |

The history of Kenah Hill is inextricably linked to the stockbroker, Francis Edward Dubedat. A book by Maria Wootton “The Dubedat Story, Killiney to Kommetjie” provides a detailed record of the life and times of Frank Read More